
Today, I’m excited to begin my “blogging” journey. I hope you’ll enjoy reading it as much as I’ll enjoy the experience of processing my thoughts and experiences, and communicating them through the power of words.
What will I write about? Great question, and I wish I had a definitive answer. There are a few things I’m sure you’ll read about; my family, my friends, my favorite sports (primarily mixed martial arts), my thoughts and opinions on current events as they happen, and things in general that make me go hmmmm…
For those that don’t know me, I have the most incredible family a man could ever desire. My beautiful wife of more than six years has enriched my life and helped me become a better man. We have two handsome boys. Our oldest turned three in January. Our youngest will be turning two in August.
Having two boys that young and close in age would keep anyone busy. They also keep us laughing, crying, and exhausted!! Those of you who have kids will relate. Those who do not will never understand until you have your own.
I wouldn’t trade my family for the entire world. We will go through good times and bad as a team. We will experience our share of triumphs as well as the terrible taste of temporary defeats. But when the dust settles, we will still be the Drexler family. I’ll still be mischievous, my wife will still be hot, Caleb will still be one of the smartest little boys I’ve ever known, and Ethan will still be distributing hugs and kisses like there’s no tomorrow.
So why name my blog “The Road To Glory”? That term has different connotations. On a spiritual level, it reminds us that life is a journey to our ultimate destination, which will be heaven for my family. Since I’m a man who enjoys sports of nearly any kind, the term conjures up thoughts of the work and dedication required to achieve the highest level of a given sport or contest.
Join me on my Road To Glory. Feel free to subscribe to my blog, visit often, and please feel free to leave comments.
Thank you!!
Yay, I love blogs. Looking forward to the adventures with the Drexlers! And yes I can totally relate to the laughing, crying, and being exhausted in relation to children. But we wouldn't trade it for the world right?
ReplyDeleteYa did it huh? Good for you..looking forward to keeping up with you and your family, and whatever else you may share through your keyboard:)
ReplyDeleteI do expect a story about me sometime..a nice one:)
Kay